These “rules” are adapted from this post, but are updated and linked here for easy access and for newcomers. I’ll update them if and when necessary.
Taco’s Too-Cool-For-School Blog Mandates 1.2
Last Updated: January, 2017
1. As of right now, its written for me, not you. Yes, you. The entire idea behind my blogging at this point is not to make money or even generate traffic. Its to keep a record of my life, because I have a cool life and so do you (if you have a blog-diary, please let me know so I can e-stalk you as well). So generally speaking, when I refer to “You” I’m actually talking to some future version of myself, but due to the magical blend between formal and informal “you” in the English language it works well for anyone else reading it as well.
2. I have horrible spelling and grammar. Believe it or not, I am apparently a pretty good writer. I’ve had articles in journals, written a thesis that scored in the top 5% for the program, as well as wrote essays well enough to get into law school (though that’s quite relative depending on the school I suppose). But that is on my “professional” time (i.e. those periods in which I don’t spend 7 hours journeying down the rabbit hole of Wikipedia after clicking on one link). For this blog, I probably won’t spend much time spell checking or doing grammar, because I don’t like doing it for casual writing, which is precisely what this blog is.
3. I have an odd sense of humor that may or may not be offensive to you at times. Sorry, my blog. Murka’
4. I cannot guarantee I will post frequently, or that my posts will feature amazing stuff on a daily basis. When you aren’t traveling the world or fighting fascism, you kind of have to just blog about whatever you have before you, kind of like a diary, see point 1. I also
might will whine sometimes pretty much constantly, that is sort of what blogs are for.
5. Feel free to comment on anything, past, present, or future. WordPress tells me when comments come in, so I’ll see it (at some point). HAL becomes angry if too many comments go unnoticed and I really prefer not to be stuck outside the airlock again.
6. Thanks to my Meem for helping me with both this blog and my old one. Plubs.
7. I don’t really have a seventh point, but odd numbers are the number master-race. I guess something important to share for you “others” would be to check the “Recent Posts” to make sure you haven’t missed any posts. I don’t like having billions of posts on one long scrolling page, so if its been a bit since you visited you may have posts that you haven’t seen that aren’t immediately visible. You could always just check out the “Archives” as well. OR you could just subscribe: